1.1 Download Package
At first, after purchasing this theme, please download the package from Themeforest. All you need to do is move your mouse over your login name in the right top corner and then click Download. Here you will find all the items that you have purchased.
At the next step click the Download → All files & documentation button next to Pniber theme and save package to your computer.
1.2 Installing & Activation
You can find things like: documentation, license, zipped file with theme files and сhild-theme zip archive in the package. Extract the package to a folder on your local computer.
You can complete installation in two different ways:
- WordPress Theme Manager - please go to Appearance → Themes → Add new → Upload Theme, select theme folder called pniber.zip and press Install Now button. The wordpress will do the rest for you.
- FTP upload - upload non-zipped theme folder called pniber to /wp-content/themes/ folder in your WordPress installation folder on your server. If you are not familiar with FTP or looking for any FTP software, FileZilla is easy to use.
When the installation is complete, your Pniber theme will be ready to use.
1.3 Install Plugins
In order to extend theme functionality, theme comes with several plugins. You will see a window with an offer to install required and recommended plugins after theme activation.
You can also install and activate the plugins in Appearance → Install Plugins.
- Unyson: A free drag & drop framework that comes with a bunch of built in extensions.
- Pniber Core: Extend Basic Theme Functionality (Version 1.2.0).
- Envato Market: This toolkit plugin establishes an Envato Marketplace API connection and recommended for update theme automatically.
1.4 Regenerate Thumbnails
If you install Pniber theme on a website that already has images uploaded, please use the Force Regenerate Thumbnails plugin to resize all thumbnails.
This plugin allows you to delete all old images size and REALLY regenerate the thumbnails for Pniber theme image attachments.
To regenerate images, follow this steps:
- Go to Tools → Force Regenerate Thumbnails;
- Click on Regenerate All Thumbnails and wait until it is finished.
2 Update Theme
It’s recommended to create a backup copy of your site before its update.
There are several variants of theme update.
2.1 Auto Update
Pniber theme recommends some plugins after installation. One of them is "Envato Market" which automatically alert you on your dashboard when a new version of the theme is available.
If you haven’t installed the plugin yet, follow these steps:
- Go to Appearance → Install Plugins;
- Hover over "Envato Market" and click "Install Plugin";
- Go to Appearance → Install Plugins;
- After you install the plugin you’ll see "Envato Market" button on the left menu.
To establish an Envato API Connection navigate to the Envato Market page and insert your Envato API Personal Token in the designated input field.
2.2 Update Manually
This method requires more steps and manual work. We advise to make a backup of your site before theme update.
For manual update you need to download a new theme version from your account to Themeforest (there is an instruction above in the paragraph “1 Installation”). Once you have the new theme package, you can choose to upload the theme via WordPress or via FTP.
How To Update Your Theme Via WordPress?
- You need to deactivate the current Pniber theme located in the Appearance → Themes section (Simply activate another theme). Once you activate a different theme, you can delete the Pniber theme (If you are using child theme, keep it as is, delete parent theme only). Dont worry, your content will not be lost.
- You need to unzip the downloaded archive file you received to get the pniber.zip file inside.
- Upload the pniber.zip file to the Appearance → Themes section by clicking on the "Install Themes" tab at the top and then choosing to upload the zip file.
- Once it finishes uploading, choose to activate the theme.
- In the end, update the included plugins. You will see a notification message letting you know a new version of the plugins are available and need to be updated.
How To Update Your Theme Via FTP?
- Go to wp-content → themes folder location and backup your "pniber" theme folder by saving it to your computer, or you can choose to simply delete it. Your content will not be lost.
- You need to unzip the downloaded archive file you received to get the "pniber" folder inside.
- Simply drag and drop the new "pniber" theme folder into wp-content → themes folder location. Choose to Replace the current one if you did not delete the old "pniber" theme folder.
- In the end, update the included plugins. You will see a notification message a new version of the plugins is available and needs to be updated.
3 Demo Content
Demo Content is recommended to be established at the clean Wordpress version. The installation doesn’t replace or delete already added posts, pages, products, sliders.
How to install Demo Content?
- Install and activate required plugins and if necessary recommended ones (Appearance → Install Plugins).
- Go to the page Tools → Demo Content Install
- Choose demo you would like to have, and press Install
- Confirm installation
- Wait untill demo is installed
- Before installation you can look the content through clicking a button Live Preview.
6 Theme Settings
You need to install the "Unyson" plugin before using "Theme Settings" functionality. To do this go to the "Appearance - Install Plugins" in the Admin Panel.
Theme Settings panel has been especially created to make your work faster and easier. Using it is very easy and in just a few minutes you can change a lot of things on your page.
Navigate to Apparance → Theme Settings to make changes.
These options are all global options which means any option set in Theme Settings will affect your entire website. If you want to set more specific options for a particular page or post, you can set them in Post Options, which is located in every page or post.
Please always remember to click Save Changes button. Without that you will lose all your changes.
In this section you can set up some general options for your site.
Choose a site layout from 3 variants and set it up. For example, if you want to install a custom background for the site, then you should choose a variant Boxed and full-function settings of the background will appear below. We’ve done it for you to do everything you want as simple as possible.
In this tab you can customize the appearance of the home page in case if you have chosen option in admin page Setting → Reading → Front page displays → Your latest posts.
These are some general settings for all sidebars on the site.
In this section you can enable/disable views count for each of the selected post types.
In this section you can change some general options for all post thumbnails on the site.
You can enable/disable preloader globally for all pages on the site.
You can enable/disable Night Mode globally for all pages on the site.
This tab gives a unique possibility to set up backgrounds, fonts and colors of the site to your taste.
In this tab you can transform your site beyond recognition. Set up Theme colors, Header colors, Content colors, Footer colors, Buttons colors and Fields colors as you want. For Night Mode too.
Set up fonts of the site. We offer a choice of hundreds of fonts that connect with the help of Google Fonts. And we’ve done a preview area of the text with selected options for you to choose a suitable font comfortably.
6.4 Archive Types
Pniber theme has an opportunity to create individual settings for different archives of posts (Archive / Blog, Post Tag, Search).
6.5 Single Types
In this tab there are settings of layout/appearance of single pages for each post type that is included in the theme. By means of it you have a possibility to set up single pages in detail in different parts of the site.
Additional (expanded) settings of the site are located in this tab.
In this section you can insert advert codes or shortcodes in different places on the site.
Advanced users can enter custom CSS here. Make sure css is out of any errors/mistakes.
It’s a section where you can put some code (e.g. HTML) that allow you to show different things and elements in places that are not available from other tools. For example if you want to put some code before header (banner or information about cookies), then put code in Top field.
This subtab provides with an information useful to diagnose some of the possible reasons to malfunctions, performance issues or any errors.
7.1 Category Options
To create categories navigate to Blog Posts → Categories. You will see a form for creation of a new category from the left side and a form for editing of earlier created categories from the right side.
Pniber theme allows you to manage your categories more customizable than default wordpress category functionality.
You can change many options for each category, such as sidebar settings, posts layout & pagination, site layout and other. Check category add/edit screen to manage these options.
In the paragraph Theme Settings → Archive Types → Archive / Blog you will find information how to set up standard options for all categories.
7.2 Post Options
You can customize any post spesifically from the meta box named Post Options right under text editor in post edit or new post screen. To accomplish it you should choose – Show options and a full list of options will be opened below. It’s convenient, for example, in the case if you want to add a special advertisement for this post only or hide/show author’s box.
In the paragraph Theme Settings → Single Types → Post you will find information how to set up standard options for all posts.
Pages are the backbone of your website, and most likely you will setup several of them. Pages are a blank canvas that allow you to add content with shortcodes elements or page builder. Also, there are different page templates to choose from, each serving a purpose to help you build a site.
In the paragraph Theme Settings → Single Types → Page you will find information how to set up standard options for all posts.